Facebook Friends

Do you know how many friends you have on Facebook???



It's funny, most of the people on Facebook who are my friends, I don't talk to much in real life at all.

Facebook started out as a good way to connect with extended family, cousins, aunts, and old friends from different parts of my past life. I always thought that people who didn't like Facebook and those who said there was too much drama, were the ones who caused the drama. I thought they were crazy.... But the last few years, I've started to realize something. My friends on Facebook were there to like a picture and a few would add a comment from time to time, but in my real life. .... I had no one.

When I had rough days with exhaustion from my cancer, when my dad was in the hospital, when my grandpa was on his death bed.... not one 'Facebook friend' offered to make a meal or watch the kids so I could spend time caring for my dad and grandpa. No one (except for my mom) offered to help wash the dishes, do a load of laundry, or sweep the floors for me when I was in bed for weeks. No one called to just talk or listen. No one sent cards. No one stopped in to say a prayer.....

I'm not saying this to whine. I am just saying, I finally I woke up and saw exactly who my friends and family were. They are the people that care. They are not just a person liking your status on Facebook. They are not the ones causing drama. Family and Friends are the ones who are by your side. For me, my Family and Friends are my Hubby and Kids. They are always there for me in real life!

Most of my family on Facebook..... if I wasn't related to them, I would never see or speak to them again..... that really got me thinking.....

You know what? I deleted my 289 Facebook friends including my extended family members and a couple things happened.

1. My Facebook wall is now filled with things that truly interest me. Things that I like and that I am interested in. Pages that I want to follow. Subjects that I want to read about. Causes that I am involved with.

2. There is no more drama. No more extended family members stabbing me in the back. No more people giving me their opinions on every aspect of my life. No more silly pictures.

3. It freed up extra time for me. I started writing again, and I enjoy it. I am not scrolling mindlessly for hours.

4. And most of all - I was surprised that in almost one months time, not one single Facebook friend or family member even missed me. I received no messages or friends requests. No one even noticed that I'm gone. Not one single person.

Don't get me wrong, I am still on Facebook for my business, and I love connecting with my customers. You can find me at www.fb.com/srkindred. I still enjoy commenting on and reading posts that interest me. And I still love sharing about our Shaklee lifestyle, but I like Facebook a whole lot more with out fake friends and family drama.

I dare you to try it..... You may be surprised at how freeing not having hundreds of Facebook friends really is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use