Cinnamon Roll Twists

With all the cold, dreary weather we have had lately, I decided Sunday morning that I was gonna make some warm yummy goodness for my family.
I found this recipe the other day over at The Recipe Critic and just had to try it out. It turned out so good, I just had to share.... I did tweek it to our family's liking just a little. I made a double batch and was glad I did.... they tasted just as good 'leftover' as they did coming straight from the oven!



Cinnamon Roll Twists

Dough:
  1. Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
  2. Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and it was so easy and worked great! NOTE: I used about 1 cup more flour than the recipe called for.
  3. Roll out the dough in a large square on a floured surface


Topping:
  • 5 Tablespoons Butter, melted - Brush onto rolled out dough.

     Combine Together:
  • ⅓ cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  1. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of the melted butter.
  2. Fold the dough in half. Cut the dough into one inch strips. A pizza cutter worked great for me!
  3. Twist the one inch strips of dough and place on a cookie sheet. Let that sit for another 10-15 minutes to raise.
  4. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. My oven took about 15 minutes for these to be lightly brown.
  • Cream Cheese Glaze:
  • 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
  • 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • ¼ cup milk or half and half
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

To make the cream cheese glaze, combine softened cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mix until combined and smooth. Drizzle on top of the bread twists.

Serve warm with a glass of milk.... your family will love you!

 If you are looking for fresh delicious recipes, head on over to The Recipe Critic and take a look around. I'm sure you will find something you will love... (PS. I have my eye on her Cherry Cheesecake Brownies!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaklee Basic H - 1001 uses

Crochet Pattern for Christmas Tree Skirt

Shaklee Basic H for Agriculture Use